The national Investigator Skills Development Working Group (ISD-WG) meets monthly to coordinate and foster collaborative efforts among the P50 Center Investigator Development Cores. Its activities are coordinated by the Research Coordinating Center's ISD Unit.
- Aid in the development and ongoing support of early-stage investigators
- Coordinate efforts to establish and maintain diverse skills development opportunities built upon the expertise of the MCD P50 Centers
- Share best practices for investigator development across P50 Centers
- Foster cross-P50 Center collaboration
- Facilitate broad access to research mentors and other resources
- Address the needs of MCD researchers within various professions and settings